Ensuring our guests’ salon and spa experience is above and beyond from beginning to end every time.
Do you have an eye for exceptional service? Do you hold yourself and others to a higher standard? At Douglas J, we train our teams to service our guests’ every need and expertly deliver on the Aveda experience.
About Our Company:
Our mission at Douglas J is to serve, educate, and innovate by inspiring a culture of creativity and care, in beauty, fashion, and wellness. Our fast-paced Institutes offer a high-end salon and spa environment for our students to develop their technical skills, guest care, and professionalism. Our students pamper our guests with a full array of services including haircare, spa, and nail therapy. We partner with Aveda because we believe in the products, service techniques, rituals of renewal, and mission. Our services transport our guests to a world of luxury, relaxation, and creativity.
About The Position:
We’re looking for a day maker; somebody who appreciates the value of going above and beyond and encourages and motivates their team to do the same. At the Aveda Institute, you’ll have the opportunity to work with students and staff on serving our communities and delivering an extraordinary guest experience. As the Assistant Guest Services Coach, you will focus on:
- Supporting the Guest Services Coach with motivating and inspiring students and staff on professional guest interactions and retention
- Providing additional leadership to the guest services staff in the absence of the Guest Service Coach and following up with any team achievements and opportunities
- Orchestrating the student service schedules to ensure proper guest traffic flow
- Providing extensive knowledge of the Aveda products, services, and rituals of renewal to guests, students, and team
- Educating team on new initiatives and products within the Institute and company
What we’re looking for:
- Leadership and role model capabilities and ability to hold others accountable
- An individual who is passion filled and enthusiastic about the guest and student experience
- A willingness to serve and the ability to deliver an exceptional experience
- Charismatic, friendly, and personable demeanor; able to connect with others
- Experience working with Aveda products/services/curriculum a plus, but not required
- Professional and fashion forward image
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, professional salon environment
Why should you apply?
- Opportunity to support prospective students in pursuing their career aspirations in cosmetology, esthiology, or massage therapy
- Competitive hourly pay
- Complimentary parking pass
- Affordable insurance benefits and a 401(k) with company match
- Opportunities for advancement
- A company culture focused on service, education, and creativity