Cosmetology Educator – Inspire, Motivate, and Cultivate new talent coming into the salon industry!
Are you an experienced Hair Stylist or Cosmetology Educator passionate about sharing your experience and expertise with new talent coming into our industry?
About Our Company:
Douglas J sets the bar in Cosmetology, Esthiology, and Massage Therapy Education. Our Institutes offer an upscale salon setting – because we know that practicing on actual guests will teach the skills necessary to be successful in professional Salons & Spas. We’re part of the Aveda network; a network that has mastered the salon and spa industry and provides students with endless opportunities after graduating. Our program curricula are focused around the Aveda products, services, mission and values, and providing students an opportunity to focus their education on what’s important: technical skills, professionalism, accountability, and guest care/retention.
Our Ann Arbor Aveda Institute is located in the heart of downtown Ann Arbor, MI. Located on Maynard near the Liberty/Maynard Intersection.
About The Position:
We’re looking for experienced Cosmetologists and Licensed Cosmetology Educators to inspire and educate our daytime and evening students.
- We will provide training on Aveda Products & Services
- Our student curriculum is taught through Pivot Point’s LAB Education on iPads
- Educators have the opportunity to teach in the classroom or oversee our fast-paced clinic floor
What we’re looking for:
- At least 2 years of experience working behind the chair
- Experience teaching at a cosmetology school is a plus
- Experience working with Aveda products/services/curriculum a plus
- Leadership and role model capabilities and ability to hold others accountable
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, professional salon environment
Why should you apply?
- Full-Time & Part-Time opportunities
- Competitive Hourly Pay
- Complimentary parking pass
- Affordable insurance benefits and a 401(k) with company match
- Exposure to industry icons and complimentary continuing education
- Opportunities for advancement
- A company culture focused on service, education, and creativity