Cosmetology Educator – Inspire, Motivate, and Cultivate new talent coming into the salon industry!
Are you an experienced Hair Stylist or Cosmetology Educator passionate about sharing your experience and expertise with new talent coming into our industry?
About Our Company:
Douglas J has been in the salon and spa industry since 1967 and we have a passion for elevating the talent coming into our industry. We focus our education and business around the Aveda products, mission and values, providing students a great network to be a part of and an education that emphasizes on what’s important: technical skills, professionalism, accountability, and guest retention.
Our trendy, downtown locations:
Our Grand Rapids Institute is located in the heart of downtown Grand Rapids, at the intersection of Cherry St. SW and Commerce SW.
About The Position:
We’re looking for experienced Cosmetologists and Licensed Cosmetology Educators to inspire and educate our daytime and evening students.
- We will provide training on Aveda Products & Services
- Our student curriculum is taught through Pivot Point’s LAB Education on iPads
- Educators have the opportunity to teach in the classroom, or oversee our fast paced clinic floor
What we’re looking for:
- At least 2 years of experience working behind the chair
- Experience teaching at a cosmetology school is a plus
- Experience working with Aveda products/services/curriculum a plus
- Leadership and role model capabilities and ability to hold others accountable
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, professional salon environment
Why should you apply?
- Full-Time & Part-Time opportunities
- Competitive Hourly Pay
- Complimentary parking pass
- Affordable insurance benefits and a 401(k) with company match!
- Exposure to industry icons and complimentary continuing education
- Opportunities for advancement
- A company culture focused on serving, educating, and creativity