Douglas J is seeking an Education Coach to lead our education team in the Aveda Institute Chicago.
We are located in the storefront of the historic Century Shopping Centre, the Aveda Institute is located in the heart of Lakeview, near the intersection of Clark, Diversey and Broadway.
The Education Coach is passionate about ensuring the competency of the education team to provide an exceptional educational experience to individuals seeking to enter the beauty, fashion and wellness industry. They coach and develop the education team to deliver quality educational programs to achieve the Institute’s goals and continuing purpose.
In this role you will:
- Lead and motivate a team of 10 educators
- Ensure educator preparedness through training, observations and coaching
- Oversee the consistent delivery of the service cycle experience
- Maintain an active teaching role within the Institute in order to effectively lead and model the necessary behaviors to develop educators and students (teaching 80% of time)
If you are the right person for this opportunity, you will have:
- Leadership experience (2 or more years) with demonstrated leadership and role model capabilities
- Active Cosmetology license with two or more years of salon industry experience
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends
- Teaching experience (such as delivery of salon training, Aveda Purefessional, cosmetology school educator, etc.)
If you do not currently hold an unlimited cosmetology instructors license, we offer on the job training to obtain the skills and hours needed to take the licensure exam.
Why work at Douglas J?
- Complimentary Continuing Education
- Exciting career paths
- Fun, fast-paced work environment
- Health Benefits
- 401k with company match
- Company paid parking pass