Outreach Coordinator – Join us in igniting people’s careers in Cosmetology, Esthiology, and Massage Therapy!
Are you passionate about education? Are you motivated by establishing meaningful connections in your community? Love beauty, fashion and wellness?
At Douglas J we are seeking a motivated individual who is passionate about community networking, building and maintaining relationships, recruitment, and inspiring the upcoming talent in the salon and spa industry.
About our company:
Douglas J sets the bar in Cosmetology, Esthiology, and Massage Therapy Education. Our Institutes offer an upscale salon setting – because we know that practicing on actual guests will teach the skills necessary to be successful in professional Salons & Spas. We’re part of the Aveda network; a network that has mastered the salon and spa industry and provides students with endless opportunities after graduating. Our program curricula are focused around the Aveda products, services, mission and values, and providing students an opportunity to focus their education on what’s important: technical skills, professionalism, accountability, and guest care/retention.
Our Chicago Aveda Institute is located in the storefront of the historic Century Shopping Centre, the Aveda Institute is located in the heart of Lakeview, near the intersection of Clark, Diversey, and Broadway
About the position:
We’re seeking an outstanding communicator with the care, ambition, and energy to build and maintain relationships with prospective students and network with salons and spas in our communities.
The Outreach Coordinator is:
- Motivated by networking and maintaining strong connections within the community
- Goal oriented and strategic in discovering opportunities to reach recruitment initiatives and targets
- Passionate about generating prospective students by attending community events and college fairs
- Eager to establish relationships with local salons and spas to provide career opportunities for alumni
- Effective at working independently
- Excited about education in beauty, fashion, and wellness
- Customer Service oriented and persistent
What we’re looking for:
- Self-motivated individual who is extremely organized and detail oriented
- Passionate and motivated by networking, community involvement, and sales; embraces accountability and the follow-up required to be successful in community outreach
- Charismatic, friendly, and personable demeanor; able to connect and build relationships with others
- Professional and up-to-date fashion forward image
- Able and willing to travel throughout Michigan
Why should you apply?
- Opportunity to support prospective students in pursuing their career aspirations in cosmetology, esthiology, or massage therapy
- Competitive Salary
- Complimentary Parking Pass
- Affordable insurance benefits and a 401(k) with company match
- Creative and fun work environment and industry
- Opportunities for advancement
- A company culture focused on serving, educating, and creativity