Celebrity Photo Gallery: Radical Color Changes!
Posted on Apr 30, 2014 by douglasj.admin | Comments (0)
There’s nothing we love more than a dramatic hair color change! To inspire you to consider a revolutionary new shade for your tresses, we’ve put together this gallery of celebrities who have rocked The Trio.
Check out these stars in all their blonde, brunette and ginger glory. Note the varying makeup looks they use with their different shades. Also notice when a color is NOT working out (like, there’s a reason nobody remembers Britney as a redhead …). Then, read our top 5 tips on how to pull off a fabulous hair transformation of your own.
2. Britney Spears
3. Christina Ricci
4. Emily Blunt
5. Emma Stone
6. Katherine Heigl
7. Katy Perry
8. Leighton Meester
10. Scarlett Johansson
Tips For Making A Dramatic Hair Color Change
- 1. Pick A Color That Complements Your Skin Tone. Yes, there is a blonde, brunette, and ginger shade for just about everyone — just make sure that yours suits your skin tone. Here is a great article on PopSugar on how to find your skin’s undertones. If you have warm undertones, your hair color should have warm tones (gold, auburn, copper); if you have cool undertones, your hair color should stay on the cool side of the spectrum (blue, violet, ash-blond, chestnut).
- 2. Be Realistic About Maintenance. A completely different hair color requires regular maintenance to fill in roots and keep color vivid. If you’re not willing to see your stylist every 4-6 weeks, consider lower-maintenance options like balayage or ombre color techniques.
- 3. Show Up With Clean Hair. Wash with a deep-cleaning shampoo in the day or two before your appointment, so you don’t have chemical or product buildup blocking your color saturation. We recommend Aveda’s Sun Care Hair and Body Cleanser.
- 4. Research! Gather photos — not just of looks you like, but looks you don’t like. Communication with your colorist is vitally important when making a big color change, and it helps to know what you don’t want as much as what you do.
- 5. We’ve saved our most important tip for last: Leave It To The Professionals. We can’t count the number of guests who have come to us to correct horrid home dye jobs. Taking your hair color in a new direction is NOT something that an amateur should do. Save yourself the time, money and hair damage wasted on a color correction, and see a trusted colorist right from the beginning. Click here to book an appointment with a Douglas J color expert. We will deliver a fresh new look for you that’s dramatic, dazzling, and damage-free!
Want some more inspiration? Here’s a slideshow of recent celebrity color changes — and you’ll notice purple making it into the spectrum — twice! (Yes, we love to do fun colors too.)