Purpose of Role:
The Director of Admissions is passionate about the expected student experience from initial contact through to potentially starting their program at Douglas J. The role is responsible for leading and managing all aspects of the lead management process which includes direct responsibilities for the Admissions Inquiry Center and partnering with Institute Directors to ensure effectively trained Admissions Coordinators (in Institute locations) who are scheduled at the right time and in the right place.
Essential duties and responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Serve on the Institute leadership team responsible for leading and managing all aspects of the student admissions process and achieving budgeted student admissions goals.
- Develop and implement a centralized call center that effectively manages all incoming leads which results in achievement of booking goals.
- Lead by example through modeling effective handling of incoming and outgoing calls to prospective students and conducting Career Planning Sessions at Institute locations.
- Train, coach and evaluate Admissions team members regularly to ensure the student experience standards are met. Provide high impact coaching where under performance is experienced.
- Ensure all practices of the Admissions team meet the highest standards of regulations and guidelines by the institutes local and national accrediting agencies and Department of Education.
- Responsible for the direct hiring, training, developing and managing of the Admissions Call Center team and the indirect hiring, training and development of the Admissions Coordinators.
- Partner with Executive Director of Marketing & Sales to create and implement a robust marketing plan that delivers the required lead flow for the anticipated student enrollment goals.
- Play an active role in creating grass roots community activities (e.g. career fairs, high school presentations, scholarship programs) that stimulate interest in the target market.
- In partnership with the Director of Human Resources, develop and implement orientation plan that enables new Admissions Coordinators and Admissions Inquiry Center Representatives to be productive within their first sixty days.
- Regularly review the Admissions process and strengthen as opportunities are identified.
- Partner with each Institute Director to create a location by location student enrollment strategy which optimizes the available capacity in each location.
- Provide Executive Director of Operations with a weekly summary of Admissions team performance from leads received, booked Career Planning Sessions, and registration.
- Develop and implement an effective communication plan with direct team, Admissions Coordinators, and Institute Directors.
- Manage all department expenses within fiscal guidelines
- Attend meetings as required, may involve travel.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4+ years’ experience in Admissions preferred
- Experience developing strategy, executing initiatives and adapting to market demands
- Leadership experience, including direct development and coaching of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including competence in training and public speaking
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills with Excel, Word, Outlook, Salesforce, or other CRM software.
- Ability to work retail hours, including evenings, weekends and special events as needed.
- Ability to travel to all Douglas J locations and for meetings
- Polished, professional image consistent with the Douglas J Image Principle
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
- Filing items will require reaching above shoulder level and below the waist, as well as twist, stand, walk and bend.
- Individuals will sit the majority of a typical working day
- Work environment requires frequent use of a multi-line phone system and consistent use of a computer
- Will lift up to 25 pounds for files or supplies
- This position will require exposure to salon or institute environment which includes chemicals utilized in the cosmetology industry
- Primary working environment is that of a typical office, and will require use of traditional office equipment including a computer, phone, fax machine, etc.
IN ORDER TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE COMPLETE OUR ONLINE APPLICATION AT DOUGLASJ.COM/CAREERS