Downtown Okemos Updates
VILLAGE OF OKEMOS PROJECT BRINGING RETAIL, RESTAURANT AND RESIDENTIAL
The Village of Okemos project, into which Douglas J Salon and Spa plans to relocate in 2021, is moving forward with planning including building designs, site plans and street design.
The area is being composed to replicate a "village-like hamlet" reminiscent of the downtowns of yesteryear. To add substance to the beauty, an in-depth market analysis and separate housing study were undertaken. The resulting plans include:
- A residential component that has been refined based on community feedback and includes 154 luxury residential units. Housing options will include one-, two- and three-bedroom flats, as well as two-story townhouses with a variety of unique features ranging from balconies to outdoor terraces. Think: Drinking your morning coffee from a private roof-top terrace.
- First- and potentially second-floor restaurant, retail and service space, to be filled based on what the market analysis indicated the location can support, paired with community feedback and requests. Want a sneak peak at what they're targeting? Two to three high-end restaurants or breweries, one or two specialty bakeries or cafes, a specialty foods market, retail boutiques and a handful of service businesses such as a bank branch, financial adviser, optometrist or florist.
To receive Village of Okemos email updates with more details on construction, road impacts, community meetings and the like, sign up here: http://eepurl.com/ggF3SL
Wednesday, March 20, 2019
GET A GLIMPSE OF THE FUTURE OF HAMILTON ROAD
- Sign up for official Village of Okemos email alerts including construction updates, traffic and road notices, public meeting announcements and more: http://eepurl.com/ggF3SL
- Like The Village of Okemos on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VillageofOkemos/
- Follow The Village of Okemos on Twitter: https://twitter.com/villageofokemos
- Follow The Village of Okemos on Instagram: https://instagram.com/villageofokemos
Tuesday, February 19, 2019
POTENTIAL DEVELOPMENT IN DOWNTOWN OKEMOS MOVES FORWARD
True North Development presents concept plan for $100 million development in Meridian Township
OKEMOS, Mich. - Imagine sitting on a patio along a tree-lined street, sipping a drink before heading across the boulevard for a haircut. And imagine this idyllic village-like setting replacing the current blighted vacant buildings on the southern corners of Okemos and Hamilton Roads.
Local developer Will Randle, of True North Development, and his team are taking the next steps to move forward on a potential $100 million-plus investment into a mixed-use development on the blocks surrounded by Hamilton Road, Okemos Road and Ardmore Avenue in Okemos. The proposed project is a mixed-use, multistory community with public and private parking centered around a small downtown with restaurants and boutique shops, including a space proposed for Douglas J Salon and Spa.
The project — currently being referred to as The Village of Okemos — is being designed by a team of the nation's best planning, architecture, engineering, landscape, community engagement and traffic experts, including Gibbs Planning Group, Presley Architecture and Hobbs+Black Architects, to ensure it is a national model for redevelopment. The team's goal is to reinvigorate this historic hamlet, rebuilding it into a thriving village with a walkable downtown and establishing it as a true commercial and cultural center for Meridian Township.
Check back here for the latest updates on the project or click on the links below to follow the progress!